Curry scores 21 as Harvard defeats Brown 91-71Feb 27, 2010 - 2:37 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Brandyn Curry scored 21 points and Harvard cruised to a 91-71 victory over Brown on Friday night, tying its record for most wins in a season set 64 years ago.
The Crimson (19-6, 8-3 Ivy League) are trying to earn their first NCAA tournament berth since 1945-46, the season Harvard also had 19 wins.
The Crimson swept the season series and snapped Brown's two-game winning streak.
The Bears (10-18, 4-7) held Jeremy Lin, Harvard's leading scorer averaging 16.8 points per game, to eight points with seven assists.
Oliver McNally added 14 points for the Crimson, who were 12-for-19 from 3-point range (63.2 percent).
The Bears led 23-18 midway through first half when the Crimson went on a 14-2 run. Harvard led 54-33 at the half and Brown could get no closer than 14 points.
Garrett Leffelman scored a career-high 19 points for the Bears and Peter Sullivan added 18.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- Highly rated recruiting class could boost Harvard basketball Dec 19
- Harvard, Stanford to face off in 2016 hoops opener in China Nov 13
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Jackson's dunk helps UNC top Harvard Mar 20
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19