Hofstra defeats Georgia State 87-74Feb 27, 2010 - 11:40 PM HEMPSTEAD, N.Y.(AP) -- Charles Jenkins scored 29 points and Hofstra defeated Georgia State 87-74 on Saturday in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Jenkins - who also had seven rebounds and four assists - is one of five players in the country to average 20 points, four rebounds and three assists this season.
Cornelius Vines added 18 points, Halil Kanacevic had 16 and Chaz Williams contributed 10 assists for the Pride (18-13, 10-8 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won six straight.
Hofstra enters the conference tournament March 5 as the No. 7 seed.
Jenkins' 3-pointer gave the Pride the lead for good, 23-22, with 8:14 to play in the first half. Hofstra kept a double-digit lead for the final 11:35 and grabbed its biggest lead at 82-65 on a free throw by Trey Hampton with 2:56 to play.
Joe Dukes scored 22 points for the Panthers (12-19, 5-13) and Xavier Hansbro added 11.
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 74
HOFSTRA 87 FINAL
Feb 27 6:15 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA ST 36
HOFSTRA 43 HALFTIME
Feb 27 5:04 PM
- Hofstra, Mihalich agree to extension Apr 29
- Hofstra's Nichols to miss rest of season Jan 26
- Hofstra's rise close to being complete Oct 22
- Hofstra coach Mihalich agrees to extension Jun 1
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15