Eastern Michigan overtakes Northern Illinois 66-60Feb 27, 2010 - 10:36 PM YPSILANTI, Mich.(AP) -- Carlos Medlock and Justin Dobbins posted double-doubles and Eastern Michigan used a late 15-0 run to blow past Northern Illinois 66-60 on Saturday.
The Eagles (16-13, 8-7 Mid-American) trailed 48-42 after Mike DiNunno scored for Northern Illinois with 7:19 left. But Eastern Michigan outscored the Huskies 15-0 over the next 6:02 - with five points each by Medlock and Dobbins - and led 57-48 with 1:17 to play.
Medlock scored 25 points and Dobbins 17, and both players had 11 rebounds.
Xavier Silas led Northern Illinois (9-19, 5-10) with 19 points but shot 6-for-23. Darion Anderson added 12 points and 11 rebounds.
With Northern Illinois trailing 34-32, Sean Kowal tied it with 11:48 left. Anderson put the Huskies ahead with a jumper, and Silas hit a 3-pointer for a 39-34 lead with 11:07 to play. But the Eagles soon began their run.
The teams split the season series.
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 60
EASTRN MICHIGAN 66 FINAL
Feb 27 4:13 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 20
EASTRN MICHIGAN 20 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:51 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28