Ole Miss rallies from 11 down, beats Alabama 76-73Feb 27, 2010 - 9:12 PM By JOHN ZENOR AP Sports Writer
TUSCALOOSA, Ala.(AP) -- Chris Warren hit two free throws with 8.6 seconds left to help Mississippi finish off a 76-73 comeback win over Alabama on Saturday.
The Rebels (19-9, 7-7 Southeastern Conference) rallied from an 11-point second-half deficit for just their third victory in the last eight games. They came back from 13 points down to beat Auburn earlier in the week.
The teams traded the lead three times in the final minute before Terrico White's 3-pointer from the right wing with 31 seconds left put Ole Miss up 74-72. Alabama (14-14, 4-10) called time out to set up the shot.
Mikhail Torrance drove to the basket but his shot bounced off the rim. JaMychal Green grabbed the rebound and was fouled with 9.8 seconds to play. He missed his first free throw but hit the second and Alabama was forced to quickly foul Warren, an 83 percent foul shooter.
- NCAA BB
OLE MISS 76
ALABAMA 73 FINAL
Feb 27 4:05 PM
- NCAA BB
OLE MISS 31
ALABAMA 33 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:51 PM
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12