Wisconsin-Milwaukee tops Illinois-Chicago 78-74Feb 27, 2010 - 10:32 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Anthony Hill had 20 points and nine rebounds and James Eayrs scored 19 as Wisconsin-Milwaukee defeated Illinois-Chicago 78-74 on Saturday in the Horizon League regular-season finale for both teams.
Ricky Franklin scored 16 and Lonnie Boga 10 for Wisconsin-Milwaukee, which never trailed in the game and led 41-27 at halftime.
The Panthers (17-13, 10-8) could finish as high as third place in the Horizon and are assured of a home game in the league's postseason tournament that begins Tuesday.
Jeremy Buttell and Robo Kreps had 16 points apiece for Illinois-Chicago (8-21, 3-15). Zavion Neely added 15 points and Spencer Stewart had 12 points and eight rebounds for the Flames, who had won their previous two games. The Flames finished ninth in the 10-team Horizon League.
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 78
ILLINOIS CHI 74 FINAL
Feb 27 4:21 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 41
ILLINOIS CHI 27 HALFTIME
Feb 27 2:55 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- Brust, Badgers take down Milwaukee Dec 11