Benson's 32 pace Oakland, Mich., past IPFW 86-83Feb 28, 2010 - 1:40 AM ROCHESTER, Mich.(AP) -- Keith Benson scored a career-best 32 points as Oakland, Mich., beat IPFW 86-83 on Saturday night and set a Summit League record with its .944 winning percentage.
Benson added 10 rebounds for a double-double for the Golden Grizzlies (23-8, 17-1 Summit League), who won their eighth in a row.
Johnathon Jones added a double-double of 16 points and 10 assists, and Larry Wright scored 17 for Oakland, the top seed in the conference tournament. Wright went 8-for-8 from the line and has made 31 in a row.
Trey McCorkle scored 25, Deilvez Yearby 23 and Jeremy Mixon a career-high 18 for the Mastodons (15-14, 9-9), who finished fifth.
The Grizzlies used a 9-0 run to grab a seemingly comfortable 65-51 edge with 7:43 left. But IPFW clawed back.
Mixon scored 10 straight IPFW points in the final 1:11, but Zach Plackemeier missed a potential tying 3-pointer at the buzzer.
- Oakland University agrees to 3-year, $864K deal with Kampe Apr 11
- Oakland U's Kay Felder hires agent, will stay in draft Apr 8
- Oakland's Felder declares for draft, has not hired agent Apr 5
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- Oakland beats Robert Morris 92-74 behind Hooper Dec 5
- Wells helps No. 15 Maryland beat Oakland Dec 27
- Terps close out non-conference slate against Grizzlies Dec 27
- No. 3 Arizona routs Oakland Dec 17
- Oakland hits road seeking upset of No. 3 Arizona Dec 16
- Niang guides Iowa State over Oakland Nov 15
- Oakland pays visit to No. 14 Iowa State Nov 14