Law paces High Point past Presbyterian 67-48Feb 28, 2010 - 2:36 AM HIGH POINT, N.C.(AP) -- Corey Law scored 18 points and grabbed 15 rebounds to help High Point defeat Presbyterian 67-48 in the regular-season finale for both teams on Saturday night.
The Panthers (15-14, 10-8 Big South Conference) outrebounded the Blue Hose 43-33, and held a 24-12 advantage in the paint.
High Point shot 44.4 percent in the first half (12 of 27), while Presbyterian (5-26, 2-16) shot 29.6 percent (8 of 27) before halftime.
The Panthers used a 10-2 run in the final 5:48 of the first half to lead 32-22 at halftime.
Khalid Mutakabbir's 3-pointer pulled the Blue Hose pulled within 34-33 with 16:12 left, before High Point pulled away.
The Panthers answered with an 11-2 run, capped by two free throws by Eugene Harris with 12:41 remaining.
Nick Barbour had 17 points for High Point, which scored 17 points off 13 turnovers.
Ryan Hargrave paced Presbyterian with 12 points.
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Ohio State crushes High Point Dec 11
- 12th-ranked Buckeyes take aim at Panthers Dec 10
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- Huge second-half run lifts No. 2 Orange past High Point Dec 20
- High Point faces uphill climb in clash with No. 2 Syracuse Dec 20
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- Late trey lifts Presbyterian to upset win over No. 20 Cincinnati Nov 19
- Blue Hose face tall task in clash with 20th-ranked Bearcats Nov 19
- Coach K ties Knight as Duke rolls Nov 12