Dahlman scores 18, Wofford beats The Citadel 75-66Feb 28, 2010 - 3:46 AM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 18 points for Wofford, which led all the way in a 75-66 victory over The Citadel on Saturday night.
Paced by Cameron Wells' 25 points, The Citadel kept its deficit in single digits most of the game, and the Terriers (23-18, 15-3 Southern Conference) never led by more than 15 points, 65-50, with 6:02 left.
Both teams shot well, the Bulldogs (15-15, 9-9) making 52.9 percent (27-for-51) to the Terriers' 52.2 percent (24-for-46). But Wofford had a big edge in free throws, going 21-for-27 to The Citadel's 5-for-10.
Tim Johnson scored 10 points for Wofford, and Jamar Diggs had nine points and six assists.
Harrison DuPont scored 16 points for The Citadel.
The Citadel will play March 5 in the first round of the Southern Conference Tournament in Charlotte, N.C. Wofford, the top seed in the South Division, has a bye into the quarterfinals March 6.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21