Houston Baptist beats Texas-Pan American 76-62Feb 28, 2010 - 4:36 AM HOUSTON(AP) -- Mario Flaherty grabbed a double-double, scoring 20 points and pulling down 16 rebounds, as Houston Baptist beat Texas-Pan American 76-62 on Saturday.
The Huskies (9-19, 8-2 Great West) were down 31-32 at halftime, but pulled ahead on the first play after the break when Flaherty made a dunk to give them a lead they would never give back.
Houston Baptist stayed ahead with 54 percent shooting from the field in the second half. They went on an 11-0 run to end the game and grab their largest lead of the night.
Andrew Gonzalez led the Huskies in scoring with 23 points. Wendell Preadom finished with 15.
The Broncos (4-25, 3-7) shot just 38 percent from the field, including hitting only 1 of 18 tries from 3-point range.
Still, UTPA's Jared Maree led the game in scoring with 24 points.
- Houston Baptist tops NCCAA Crowley's Ridge 102-62 Nov 16
- Michigan buries Houston Baptist Dec 7
- Huskies come calling on 22nd-ranked Wolverines Dec 7
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- McDermott paces Creighton over Houston Baptist Dec 17
- Huskies try to clip Bluejays' wings in non-conference action Dec 17
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- S. Dakota tops Houston Baptist 91-86 in Great West Mar 14