Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67Feb 28, 2010 - 5:37 AM CEDAR CITY, Utah(AP) -- Senior Davis Baker capped his college career with 31 points and 12 rebounds Saturday as Southern Utah beat Centenary 70-67.
Baker, who moved into sixth place on the SUU career scoring list with 1,205, scored the final seven points of the game for the Thunderbirds (7-22, 3-15 Summit). Jake Nielsen added 12 points for Southern Utah, which snapped a seven-game losing streak.
David Perez had 24 points for Centenary (8-21, 3-15), which has lost five straight and nine of its last 10. Pedro Maciel added 13 points and Daman Starring had 10.
The Gentlemen shot better from the field (24 for 41 for 58.5 percent) than they did the free-throw line (12 for 21 for 57.1 percent). They were also 7 for 14 on 3-point attempts.
The two schools tied for last place in the Summit League and neither qualified for next week's conference tournament.
- Saint Mary's rolls over Southern Utah 92-36 Dec 17
- SDSU routs Southern Utah Dec 19
- Thunderbirds come calling on 24th-ranked Aztecs Dec 18
- No. 21 Gonzaga crushes Southern Utah Nov 10
- No. 21 Gonzaga opens season at home versus Southern Utah Nov 9
- UNLV cruises past Southern Utah Dec 19
- Oral Roberts beats Southern Utah 85-65 Feb 25
- Couisnard, McKinney-Jones lead UMKC to 83-69 win Feb 25
- IUPUI surge leads to 77-61 win over Southern Utah Feb 20
- Lander, Western Illinois drop Southern Utah 63-49 Feb 18
- Ford gives Oral Roberts spark in 76-56 victory Feb 16