South Carolina St. beats Florida A&M 91-65Mar 2, 2010 - 3:50 AM ORANGEBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Jason Flagler scored 26 points as South Carolina State defeated Florida A&M 91-65 on Monday night.
Darnell Porter added 22 points for the Bulldogs (16-12, 10-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won two in a row after previously losing three straight. Freshman Khalif Toombs also dished out a career-high nine assists.
After holding a 45-40 lead at the half, South Carolina State opened the second period with a 13-0 run to boost its advantage to 58-40 with 17:29 remaining. A jumper from Flagler made the score 68-43 with 13:45 left, and the Rattlers trailed by at least 20 points the rest of the way.
David Buchannon scored 11 points to lead Florida A&M (8-21, 4-11), while Amin Stevens and Yannick Crowder added 10 points apiece.
In the second half, the Bulldogs shot 61.5 percent from the field (16-for-26), compared to 30 percent for the Rattlers (9-for-30).
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- No. 12 Missouri wallops South Carolina State Dec 18
- South Carolina State comes calling on Missouri Dec 17
- No. 15 Pittsburgh holds off SC State Dec 17
- SC State comes calling on No. 15 Pittsburgh Dec 17
- Jones, Baylor rout South Carolina State Nov 23
- No. 9 Baylor entertains South Carolina State Nov 22
- Morgan State beats SC State 68-61 for MEAC title Mar 13