Jackson State beats Arkansas-Pine Bluff 57-54Mar 2, 2010 - 6:53 AM JACKSON, Miss.(AP) -- Garrison Johnson scored 18 points to lead Jackson State to a 57-54 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Monday night.
Johnson shot 11-for-12 from the free throw line for the Tigers (17-11, 15-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have now won 11 games in a row. De'Suan Dixon added a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
The Lions (13-15, 13-4) were paced by Terrell Kennedy, who finished with 11 points. Lebaron Weathers added 10 points for Arkansas-Pine Bluff, which snapped a seven-game win streak with the loss.
Both the Tigers and Lions sit atop the SWAC standings, with Jackson State holding a 1.5-game lead. But even if the Tigers lose their two remaining games and the Lions win their last contest, Jackson State would still win the tiebreaker, having swept the season series.
The Tigers defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff 72-67 on Feb. 1.
- NCAA BB
ARK PINE BLUFF 54
JACKSON ST 57 FINAL
Mar 1 9:18 PM
- NCAA BB
ARK PINE BLUFF 22
JACKSON ST 30 HALFTIME
Mar 1 8:00 PM
- No. 19 Michigan State cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans seeks turnaround against Golden Lions Dec 6
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Iowa cruises past Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 22
- Golden Lions come calling on 25th-ranked Hawkeyes Dec 22
- No. 8 Oklahoma State crushes UAPB Nov 15
- Golden Lions pay visit to eighth-ranked Cowboys Nov 15
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- No. 19 Michigan State rolls over Arkansas-Pine Bluff Dec 6
- Spartans hope to make quick work of Golden Lions Dec 5
- San Diego State dominates Arkansas-Pine Bluff Nov 22