Clemson defeats Georgia Tech 91-80Mar 3, 2010 - 3:29 AM By PETE IACOBELLI AP Sports Writer
CLEMSON, S.C.(AP) -- Trevor Booker closed out his home career at Clemson with 21 points to lead the surging Tigers to a 91-80 victory over Georgia Tech on Tuesday night.
Demontez Stitt added 20 points as Clemson (21-8, 9-6 Atlantic Coast Conference) won for the fifth time in six games and all but cemented a spot in the NCAA tournament.
The Tigers used a 25-7 run that spanned the halves to take control of what had been a 41-41 game. The Yellow Jackets (19-10, 7-8) could not respond and now are in desperation mode, needing to beat Virginia Tech on Saturday simply to finish .500 in the league.
Glen Rice Jr. had 17 points and Derrick Favors 16 for Georgia Tech.
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA TECH 79
CLEMSON 91 FINAL
Mar 2 10:19 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGIA TECH 41
CLEMSON 44 HALFTIME
Mar 2 9:05 PM
- Georgia Tech hires Pastner from Memphis to replace Gregory Apr 9
- Bobinski looking for coach to revitalize Georgia Tech hoops Mar 28
- Georgia Tech fires men's basketball coach Brian Gregory Mar 25
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- Georgia Tech's Georges-Hunt 'thankful' for spot in NIT Mar 14
- ACC Tournament could decide Gregory's future at Georgia Tech Mar 8
- Georges-Hunt's faith finally paying off for Georgia Tech Feb 24
- Georgia Tech is 1 of college basketball's biggest mysteries Jan 26
- Georgia Tech finally shows it can win a close ACC game Jan 11
- Clemson picks up Texas A&M transfer in Elijah Thomas Jan 7
- Coach: Clemson reserve guard Austin Ajukwa transferring Nov 3
- Georgia Tech Preview Capsule Oct 26