Johnson-Odom, Marquette beat Louisville 69-48Mar 3, 2010 - 4:44 AM By COLIN FLY AP Sports Writer
MILWAUKEE(AP) -- Darius Johnson-Odom scored 22 points and Marquette used an 18-0 run straddling halftime to beat Louisville 69-48 on Tuesday night and improve its NCAA tournament hopes at the expense of another bubble team.
Maurice Acker added 15 points and Joe Fulce had 11 for the Golden Eagles, who have won nine of their last 10, including the last three wins in overtime. Marquette (20-9, 11-6 Big East) had no need for five extra minutes against the Cardinals after thoroughly dominating them in an 8 1/2-minute stretch.
Louisville (19-11, 10-7) still has a strong postseason resume, but now may need one more signature win. The Cardinals will get that chance on Saturday when they host No. 1 Syracuse in the final regular-season game in Freedom Hall after 54 years. Louisville beat Syracuse 66-60 at the Carrier Dome on Feb. 14.
- NCAA BB
MARQUETTE 69 FINAL
Mar 2 11:29 PM
- NCAA BB
MARQUETTE 33 HALFTIME
Mar 2 10:22 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Marquette guard Wally Ellenson leaving basketball team Apr 21
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Marquette freshman Henry Ellenson declares for NBA draft Apr 5
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Marquette's Ellenson day to day with sprained left ankle Mar 2
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Marquette, freshman star Henry Ellenson, wrap up at home Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15