Florida A&M rallies to beat Bethune-Cookman 69-64Mar 5, 2010 - 5:05 AM TALLAHASSEE, Fla.(AP) -- Rasheem Jenkins scored 14 points and Florida A&M rallied to beat Bethune-Cookman 69-64 on Thursday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
The teams will meet again Tuesday at the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference tournament.
The Rattlers (9-21, 5-11) shot 68.2 percent in the second half (15-for-22) after trailing by as many as 13 in the first half and 28-22 at the break.
With the Wildcats (16-15, 7-9) leading 40-36 with 14:08 to go, Florida A&M used a 19-6 run to lead 55-46 with 5:53 left.
Bethune-Cookman cut it to 65-63 with 34 seconds left on a Kevin Dukes 3-pointer, then Larry Jackson hit two free throws to push the lead back to four.
Jackson and Amin Stevens added 11 points each for the Rattlers.
C.J. Reed scored 17 points to lead Bethune-Cookman, while Alexander Starling had 13 and Dukes 12.
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- No. 6 Baylor stays perfect with win over Bethune-Cookman Dec 15
- No.6 Bears welcome Wildcats to Waco Dec 14
- Baylor makes quick work of Bethune-Cookman Dec 16
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11
- Bethune-Cookman defeats Florida A&M 64-53 in MEAC Mar 9
- South Carolina St. beats Florida A&M 91-65 Mar 1
- Bethune-Cookman tops Winston-Salem 66-45 Mar 1