Jackson State holds off Alabama A&M 70-64Mar 5, 2010 - 4:51 AM HUNTSVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Garrison Johnson scored 24 points and Jackson State held off Alabama A&M's second half rally for a 70-64 victory on Thursday night.
De'Suan Dixon added 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Tigers (18-11, 16-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have won 12 consecutive games and already wrapped up the top seed for the conference tournament.
Jackson State led 40-19 at halftime after Alabama A&M (10-15, 7-10) made only two field goals in the first half and shot 8.7 percent from the field (2-for-23).
The Bulldogs opened the second half on a 18-7 run, cutting the deficit to 47-37 on Adam Young's three-point play with 14:18 to play.
Alabama A&M later went on an 11-0 run to cut it to 63-58 with 3:52 left and then to 65-63 with 1:24 remaining before Tyrone Hanson's 3-pointer gave Jackson State a 68-63 lead with 1:01 left.
Cornelius Hester scored 23 points for Alabama A&M.
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- New Mexico opens with easy win over Alabama A&M Nov 10
- Lobos open season against visiting Bulldogs Nov 9
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11
- No. 20 Michigan routs Alabama A&M Dec 17
- Alabama A&M pays visit to No. 20 Michigan Dec 17
- No. 22 Memphis drops Jackson State Nov 29
- Jackson State faces tough task in bout with Memphis Nov 28
- Crimson Tide stay perfect, down Bulldogs Nov 24