Florida State edges past Miami 61-60Mar 6, 2010 - 7:22 PM CORAL GABLES, Fla.(AP) -- Luke Loucks and Deividas Dulkys each scored 13 points to lead Florida State to a 61-60 victory over Miami on Saturday.
Loucks' 3-pointer with 1:52 left put the Seminoles (22-8, 10-6 Atlantic Coast Conference) ahead 61-60 and ended a scoring drought of 3:40.
The Hurricanes had three opportunities to retake the lead, including Durand Scott's missed jumper at the buzzer. Scott led Miami with 14 points.
Miami (18-12, 4-12) rallied from a 10-point deficit with 5:32 remaining in the second half and ran off 12 unanswered points in the next 3:28. Scott's driving layup with 2:04 left gave Miami its first lead at 60-58.
Loucks and Dulkys each hit three 3-pointers as Florida State finished 10 of 18 behind the arc.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA STATE 30 31 61
MIAMI (FL) 22 38 60 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: FLORIDA STATE - DEIVIDAS DULKYS 13, LUKE LOUCKS 13,
RYAN REID 10
MIAMI (FL) - DURAND SCOTT 14, REGGIE JOHNSON 12,
ADRIAN THOMAS 10
Mar 6 2:07 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 30
MIAMI FL 22 HALFTIME
Mar 6 12:51 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Australian Vasiljevic signs to play basketball for Miami Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Miami Hurricanes sophomore James Palmer decides to transfer Mar 28
- Miami falls to 0-3 in Sweet 16, routed 92-69 by Villanova Mar 25
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Friendship will take a backseat in Villanova-Miami matchup Mar 23
- Miami plays Villanova with chance at 1st Elite 8 berth Mar 21