Jackson State defeats Alabama State 60-59Mar 7, 2010 - 2:49 AM MONTGOMERY, Ala.(AP) -- De'Suan Dixon scored 14 points and blocked a potential game-winning shot with 5 seconds left in Jackson State's 60-59 win over Alabama State.
The Tigers (19-11, 17-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference) led 59-49 with 4:28 left, before the Hornets pulled within one late.
Jackson State had three turnovers during an 11-1 Alabama State (15-14, 12-6) run, capped by Tramayne Moorer's layup for a 60-59 lead with 12 seconds left.
The Hornets fouled Jackson State's Tyrone Hanson, who missed the front end of a 1-and-1. Dixon then blocked Christopher Duncan's shot for the Tigers' 13th straight win.
Garrison Johnson scored 20 points for Jackson State, the SWAC regular season champion.
Moorer finished with 19 points for Alabama State, which snapped a six-game winning streak. Menji Mundadi added 14 points and Tremaine Butler 10 for the Hornets.
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 60
ALABAMA ST 59 FINAL
Mar 6 8:51 PM
- NCAA BB
JACKSON ST 37
ALABAMA ST 19 HALFTIME
Mar 6 7:42 PM
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28
- Jackson State seeks upset of No. 17 Memphis Dec 28
- Brent takes over as new Jackson State coach Mar 25
- Baylor eases past Jackson State Nov 11
- Florida stomps Alabama State Nov 11
- Jackson State battles No. 19 Baylor Nov 11
- Gators officially open season against visiting Hornets Nov 11
- No. 22 Memphis drops Jackson State Nov 29
- Jackson State faces tough task in bout with Memphis Nov 28
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Jackson State Nov 19
- Third-ranked Buckeyes play host to hapless Tigers Nov 18
- Baylor handles Jackson State Nov 13