Richmond avenges loss, beats Charlotte 89-84 in OTMar 6, 2010 - 9:31 PM By MIKE CRANSTON AP Sports Writer
CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- David Gonzalvez had 29 points, Kevin Anderson added 24, including the tying 3-pointer to force overtime, and Richmond closed the regular season with an 89-84 win over slumping Charlotte on Saturday.
Justin Harper added six of his 13 points in overtime for the Spiders (24-7, 13-3 Atlantic 10), who won for the 10th time in 11 games and avenged their only home loss.
Chris Braswell had 19 points and 13 rebounds, and Shamari Spears scored 19 for the 49ers (19-11, 9-7), who have dropped six of seven to end their hopes for a first-round bye in the conference tournament.
After throwing the ball away on the previous possession, Anderson drilled a straightaway 3 with 5.3 seconds left in regulation to tie it at 70.
Harper and Anderson then hit 3s, and Gonzalvez had a three-point play in a 9-2 run to start overtime. Anderson's two free throws with 16.9 seconds left iced it.
- NCAA BB
CHARLOTTE 84 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Mar 6 4:24 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLOTTE 70 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Mar 6 4:00 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLOTTE 40 HALFTIME
Mar 6 2:52 PM
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Apr 29
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Price experiencing growing pains in 1st year with Charlotte Dec 24
- Mark Price named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 26
- Reports: Price to be named Charlotte 49ers coach Mar 25
- Major won't return as Charlotte coach Mar 15
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24