Columbia beats Brown 65-56Mar 7, 2010 - 2:36 AM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Senior Niko Scott scored 22 points as Columbia defeated Brown 65-56 on Saturday night in both teams' season finale.
Scott shot 6-for-8 from 3-point range and recorded five steals for the Lions (11-17, 5-9), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Noruwa Agho and Max Craig added 10 points apiece, while Mark Cisco grabbed 10 rebounds.
Brown's Matt Mullery nailed a 3-pointer in the second half to cut Columbia's lead to 52-51 with 4:52 remaining in the game, but the Bears were outscored 13-5 the rest of the way. A 6-0 run put the Lions up 58-51, and Brown failed to get any closer than within five points after that.
Garrett Leffelman scored 20 points to pace Brown (11-20, 5-9). Mullery added 19 points, seven rebounds and four blocks.
Columbia outrebounded Brown 45-36 and scored 13 second-chance points, compared to only two by the Bears.
- Cal freshman star Jaylen Brown to declare for NBA draft Apr 21
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- Auburn freshman guard Bryce Brown suspended for opener Nov 12
- Cal freshmen stars Brown, Rabb focused on school first Oct 29
- Top recruit Jaylen Brown picks Cal May 1
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6