Stony Brook defeats Boston University 84-75Jan 2, 2010 - 8:24 PM BOSTON(AP) -- Bryan Dougher set career-highs with 30 points and eight 3-pointers to help Stony Brook defeat Boston University 84-75 on Saturday.
Dougher, who finished 9 of 16 from the field and 4 of 6 from the free throw line, led the Seawolves (9-5, 1-0 American East Conference) to 60 percent shooting from 3-point range (12 of 20).
Tommy Brenton added 15 points and 11 rebounds for his second straight double-double and Muhammad El-Amin chipped in 23 points for Stony Brook.
The Seawolves trailed 23-16 with 12:16 left in the first half before going on a 12-4 run. Dougher capped the run on a 3-pointer with 7:55 until halftime, and Stony Brook led for good 28-27.
Dougher's layup gave the Seawolves their biggest lead, 72-56, with 3:37 remaining.
Jake O'Brien led the Terriers (5-8, 0-1) with 27 points. John Holland added 17 and Tyler Morris 12 for Boston.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15