Stony Brook beats Hartford 70-59Jan 8, 2010 - 3:03 AM STONY BROOK, N.Y.(AP) -- Bryan Dougher scored 26 points and Muhammad El-Amin added 20, leading Stony Brook in a 70-59 win over Hartford on Thursday night.
The Seawolves (10-5, 2-0 America East Conference) trailed 23-20 at halftime, but more than made up for it in the second half.
Stony Brook opened the second on a 17-0 run, holding the Hawks without a field goal for nearly 10 minutes. The Seawolves held on the rest of the way, sinking 11 free throws for their only points in the final 3 minutes.
Chris Martin added 11 points and Dallis Joyner grabbed 10 rebounds for the Seawolves, who have won three straight this season and in the all-time series against Hartford.
Joe Zeglinski scored 22 points to lead the Hawks (2-12, 0-1), who have lost 10 consecutive games since winning back to back games in mid-November.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15