Stony Brook holds off New Hampshire 69-63Jan 10, 2010 - 9:53 PM STONY BROOK, N.Y.(AP) -- Muhammad El-Amin scored 20 points and Stony Brook held off New Hampshire for a 69-63 victory on Sunday.
The Seawolves (11-5, 3-0 America East Conference), who have won four consecutive games, ended a five-game losing streak to New Hampshire to continue the program's best start since 1990-91.
Stony Brook made only one shot from the field in the final 3:08 as the Wildcats (5-8, 0-2) gradually cut a 65-57 deficit to 65-63 on Ferg Myrick's 3-pointer with 46 seconds left.
Chris Martin hit two free throws to extend the advantage to 67-63 with 15 seconds left and then had a dunk with 2 seconds to play for the final margin.
Martin's dunk was Stony Brook's first field goal since Tommy Brenton's layup with 3:09 remaining.
Brenton and Martin scored 14 each.
Tyrone Conley scored 15, Alvin Abreu had 13 and James Valladares added 11 points for New Hampshire.
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 63
STONY BROOK 69 FINAL
Jan 10 3:56 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 30
STONY BROOK 38 HALFTIME
Jan 10 2:51 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15
- Albany and Stony Brook meet for America East crown Mar 15