Maine defeats New Hampshire 56-42Jan 19, 2010 - 2:33 AM ORONO, Maine.(AP) -- Sean McNally scored 13 points and Maine beat New Hampshire 56-42 on Monday.
Terrance Mitchell added 10 points off the bench for the Black Bears (11-6, 3-1 America East Conference), who won for the sixth time in their last seven games.
It was the seventh time this season the Black Bears have held an opponent to less than 60 points, and was the fewest points allowed since giving up 47 to Kennesaw State on Jan. 18, 2009.
The Black Bears got 24 points in the paint and outrebounded the Wildcats 44-35.
The Wildcats shot only 27.8 percent from the field (15-for-54) while the Black Bears made 35.4 percent (17-for-48) of their field goal attempts.
Tyrone Conley scored 13 points for the Wildcats (6-10, 1-4). Alvin Abreu, who leads the Wildcats averaging 13.5 points per game, was held to one point and missed all eight of his field goal attempts.
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17
- No.4 UConn plays host to Maine Nov 17
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- New Hampshire knocks off Stony Brook 77-55 Feb 28