Albany, N.Y. 61, Stony Brook 67Jan 24, 2010 - 7:45 PM STONY BROOK, N.Y. (AP) -- Marcus Rouse had 17 points off the bench and Dallis Joyner had a double-double to help Stony Brook defeat Albany 67-61 on Sunday.
In a game with 10 lead changes and 13 ties, the Seawolves (14-7, 6-2 America East Conference) scored 12 points off nine turnovers, while the Great Danes (6-16, 1-6) scored just three off of nine giveaways.
Albany tied the game for the final time at 58 on Mike Black's free throw with 2:08 to play. But Bryan Dougher's 3-pointer put the Seawolves up 61-58 with 1:08 remaining. Joyner, who finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds, then dunked after a turnover by Albany's Tim Ambrose for a 63-58 Seawolves lead with 45 seconds left.
Black's 3 pulled the Great Danes within 63-61 with 19 seconds left, but they couldn't get any closer.
Dougher sealed the win with four straight free throws.
Black finished with 15 and Ambrose had 14 for Albany.
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 67 FINAL
Jan 24 2:04 PM
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 26 HALFTIME
Jan 24 12:54 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Thomas leads Oklahoma past Albany Mar 21
- Albany challenges Oklahoma in East Regional action Mar 20
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28