Stony Brook defeats Boston University 71-55Jan 31, 2010 - 2:53 AM STONY BROOK, N.Y.(AP) -- Muhammad El-Amin scored 19 points and Stony Brook defeated Boston University 71-55 on Saturday night.
Chris Martin added 16 points, Marcus Rouse scored 14 and Danny Carter 10 for the Seawolves (15-7, 7-2), who beat the Terriers for the third time in a row.
The Seawolves, who have won four straight and eight of their last 10, outrebounded the Terriers 46-24. Tommy Brenton grabbed 14 rebounds and Dallis Joyner had 11 for Stony Brook.
The Seawolves never trailed and built their biggest lead at 61-43 on a jumper by Rouse with 6:21 to play. They shot 48.1 percent from the field (26-for-54).
Jake O'Brien, who scored 27 points in the first meeting between the two teams this season, had 17 for the Terriers (11-11, 6-4). Corey Lowe added 13 points for the Terriers, who have lost two straight after winning six of their previous seven games.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15