Vermont outlasts Maine 64-51Feb 4, 2010 - 2:55 AM BURLINGTON, Vt.(AP) -- Marqus Blakely and Evan Fjeld each recorded a double-double, leading Vermont over Maine 64-51 on Wednesday night.
Blakely scored 22 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had five steals for the Catamounts (16-8, 7-3 America East Conference), who have won back-to-back games. The Catamounts swept the season series with the Black Bears, defeating them 64-56 on Jan. 7.
Fjeld scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds, while Maurice Joseph added 11 points for Vermont.
Joseph sealed a three-point play that put Vermont up 5-0, Fjeld's layup made it seven straight points to open the game for the Catamounts, and they never trailed.
Vermont led by eight at the break and outscored Maine 27-22 in the second half.
Murphy Burnatowski scored 13 points for the Black Bears (14-8, 6-3), who have lost two games in a row for the first time since November.
- NCAA BB
VERMONT 64 FINAL
Feb 3 8:54 PM
- NCAA BB
VERMONT 37 HALFTIME
Feb 3 7:57 PM
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13
- Vermont seeks upset of No. 23 UConn Nov 13
- North Carolina rolls on without Henson, tops Vermont Mar 16
- Vermont goes for broke in NCAA tourney clash with North Carolina Mar 16