Zeglinski, Hartford edge New Hampshire 57-54Feb 7, 2010 - 12:46 AM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Joe Zeglinski banked in a 3-pointer at the buzzer to give Hartford a 57-54 victory over New Hampshire on Saturday.
Zeglinski finished with a game-high 17 points for the Hawks (7-16, 5-5 America East Conference), 10 of them in a second half that included eight lead changes and seven ties.
Alvin Abreu's fadeaway jumper from the left corner for the Wildcats (8-13, 3-7) had tied the game with 4 seconds left.
Hartford led by as many as eight points in the first half, but New Hampshire came back to take its first lead of the second half, 37-35, with 12:03 remaining. Neither team led by more than three points the rest of the way.
Milton Burton added 14 points for Hartford and Andres Torres scored eight in his first game back from a posterior cruciate ligament tear suffered in December.
Abreu scored 13 points and Tyrone Conley 12 for New Hampshire.
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 54 FINAL
Feb 6 5:57 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 24 HALFTIME
Feb 6 4:46 PM
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6