Towson 57, Saint Joseph's 64Jan 19, 2010 - 2:46 AM PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Idris Hilliard scored 20 points to lead Saint Joseph's to a 64-57 win over Towson on Monday night.
Hilliard also grabbed eight rebounds for the Hawks (6-11), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Todd O'Brien chipped in with 11 rebounds.
Saint Joseph's trailed 29-23 at halftime, but opened the second half with an 11-4 run to take a 34-33 lead with 15:35 remaining.
Two free throws from Towson's Josh Brown gave the Tigers a 52-51 lead with 4:35 left in the game, but Saint Joseph's outscored Towson 11-5 in the final 3 minutes. The Tigers ended the game shooting 1-for-6 from the field in the last 4 minutes.
Josh Thornton scored 23 points to pace the Tigers (4-13), who have lost eight of their last nine games. Jarrel Smith added 17 points.
The Hawks dished out 16 team assists on 19 field goals.
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 64 FINAL
Jan 18 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
SAINT JOSEPHS 23 HALFTIME
Jan 18 7:53 PM
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6
- No. 13 Gonzaga rips SJU Nov 20
- Hawks fly west to take on 13th-ranked Bulldogs Nov 19
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Hawk down: Napier, UConn rally to beat Saint Joe's in OT Mar 21