George Mason defeats VCU 82-77 in OTFeb 10, 2010 - 3:19 AM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Cam Long had 19 points as George Mason erased a 15-point second half deficit and ended a two-game losing streak with an 82-77 overtime win over Virginia Commonwealth on Tuesday night.
Long and Mike Morrison, who had 18 points and 10 rebounds, helped George Mason (16-9, 11-3 Colonial Athletic Association) offset a 24-point effort by Joey Rodriguez, who hit six 3-pointers and had seven assists.
It was George Mason's 18th straight home win against a conference opponent and snapped the Rams' four-game winning streak.
Virginia Commonwealth (17-6, 9-5) took a 41-28 halftime lead after shooting 54 percent from the field in the first half. But Louis Birdsong scored seven points during a 9-0 run that enabled the Patriots to rally.
George Mason, which held the Rams to 36 percent in the second half, forced overtime when Long hit two free throws with 4.3 seconds remaining.
- NCAA BB
VA COMMONWEALTH 77
GEORGE MASON 82 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 9 9:35 PM
- NCAA BB
VA COMMONWEALTH 41
GEORGE MASON 28 HALFTIME
Feb 9 7:53 PM
- Things looking more normal for Wade in Year 2 at VCU May 13
- VCU announces sophomore F Michael Gilmore is transferring May 3
- VCU restructures, extends contract of men's hoops coach Wade Mar 29
- Oklahoma faces another dangerous double-digit seed in VCU Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- VCU hoping to find winning formula again in NCAA Tournament Mar 16
- VCU seeking another shot at A10 Tournament championship Mar 9
- JeQuan Lewis' growth at PG a key to VCU's winning streak Feb 5
- VCU coach Will Wade says surging Rams can't get complacent Jan 21
- Broken finger likely to sideline VCU's Burgess 'a few weeks' Jan 11
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- Wade to begin VCU's post-Shaka era with modified 'Havoc' Nov 10