Quinnipiac second-half surge beats Columbia 63-51Dec 24, 2009 - 3:26 AM HAMDEN, Conn.(AP) -- James Feldeine scored 13 points and Justin Rutty grabbed 14 rebounds as Quinnipiac defeated Columbia 63-51 on Wednesday night.
The Bobcats (5-5) used an 8-0 run to tie the game at 35 after the Lions (5-5) had widened a 31-27 halftime lead to eight points.
Columbia regained the lead briefly, but a 15-1 Quinnipiac run over a span of 5:53 put the Bobcats ahead 53-42.
Quinnipiac outshot Columbia 44.8 percent (13-for-29) to 26.1 percent (6-for-23) in the second half and outrebounded the Lions 42-33 for the game. The Bobcats have outrebounded all 10 of their opponents this season.
Dave Johnson added 10 points for Quinnipiac, and Jamee Jackson had seven of his eight rebounds at the offensive end.
Noruwa Agho led Columbia with 14 points but missed his only 3-pointer. The sophomore came in as the nation's leading 3-point shooter at 64.4 percent (29-for-45).
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10
- Iona-Quinnipiac hoops game postponed Jan 2
- No. 2 Michigan State holds off Columbia Nov 15
- Lions hit road seeking upset of second-ranked Spartans Nov 15
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- Defending champion UConn opens season with win Nov 12
- Defending champs open up in Storrs against Lions Nov 11