Wolfinger leads The Citadel past Kenyon 64-45Nov 14, 2009 - 3:40 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- Joe Wolfinger scored 20 points and had 12 rebounds for his first career double-double and The Citadel defeated Kenyon 64-45 in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
Cameron Wells was the only other Bulldogs player in double figures with 11 points. Wells was 5-for-6 from the free-throw line and Cosmo Morabbi was 5-for-5 to lead The Citadel to a 92.9 shooting effort (13-for-14) at the line.
The Bulldogs, who led 33-25 at halftime, extended their lead to 43-31 on a 3-pointer by Zach Urbanus with 13:51 left in the game.
The Lords cut the lead to 49-40 on a 3-pointer by J.T. Knight, but The Citadel answered with a 13-2 run over the next 7:29 for a 62-42 advantage.
Knight led Kenyon with 15 points and Dave Knapke grabbed 11 rebounds.
Four players gave the ball away three times for the Lords, who finished with 20 turnovers.
- Citadel hires VMI coach Baucom Mar 30
- Spartans seek redemption in clash with Bulldogs Dec 22
- Davidson vs. Citadel moved to Monday due to storm Feb 11
- Appalachian State knocks off The Citadel 71-61 Mar 6
- The Citadel tops Samford 55-43 in SoCon tournament Mar 5
- Dahlman scores 18, Wofford beats The Citadel 75-66 Feb 27
- Furman defeats poor-shooting Citadel 59-44 Feb 25
- North Carolina-Greensboro beats The Citadel 59-53 Feb 20
- The Citadel defeats Western Carolina 73-56 Feb 18
- The Citadel beats Elon 77-72 Feb 13
- The Citadel tops College of Charleston 72-65 Feb 8
- The Citadel beats Chattanooga 68-60 Feb 6