Coppin State holds off Lincoln, Pa., 76-69Nov 14, 2009 - 5:08 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Lenny Young scored a career-high 18 points to lead Coppin State to a 76-69 win over Lincoln (Pa.) in the season opener for both teams on Friday night.
Kareem Brown scored 12 points and Ceslovas Kucinskas had a career-high eight rebounds for the Eagles, who won their season opener for the third straight season.
Young had 17 points in the first half, helping the Eagles run out to a 40-25 halftime lead over the Lions. Lincoln went 4-for-20 from the 3-point arc in the first half, contributing to a 23.3 percent shooting mark from the floor.
Coppin State pushed its lead to 62-36 on a Brown jumper with just under 9 minutes to play for its largest lead of the game.
Dante Blanton-Holcombe scored 10 points in a 19-5 run that brough Lincoln to within 67-55, but Brown's basket put the Eagles up 71-55 and they rolled from there.
Blanton-Holcombe led the Lions with 20 points.
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2
- No. 1 Indiana plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 24 Illinois races past Coppin State Dec 11
- Coppin State seeks upset of No. 24 Illinois Dec 11
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Coppin State Nov 20
- Coppin State pays visit to No. 4 UConn Nov 20
- Hamilton, Texas rout Coppin State Dec 31