Arizona State edges TCU 52-49 to advance in NITNov 18, 2009 - 6:58 AM TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Ty Abbott made a floater in the lane with 21.7 seconds remaining and Eric Boateng set career highs with 21 points and 12 rebounds to send Arizona State to the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off tournament with a 52-49 victory over TCU on Tuesday night.
Boateng scored 11 points in the final 9 1/2 minutes, and Arizona State (3-0) overcame an eight-point deficit in the final 3:53 to advance to a game against Duke on Nov. 25.
Edvinas Ruzgas had 18 points and Ronnie Moss had 17 for TCU (2-1).
Derek Glasser made two free throws with 1.2 seconds remaining after Moss's 23-foot 3-pointer with three seconds left hit the rim and bounced out of bounds, giving the ball to Arizona State.
Boateng had his first career double-double, and Rihards Kuksiks added 12 points.
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA ST 52 FINAL
Nov 18 1:40 AM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
TCU 23 23
ARIZONA STATE 24 24 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
TCU - RONNIE MOSS 9, KEVIN BUTLER 6, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 3
ARIZONA STATE - ERIC BOATENG 8, TY ABBOTT 6, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 4
Nov 18 12:22 AM
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Arizona State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Hurley adds big boost of excitement at Arizona State Oct 28
- Hurley trying to make the pieces fit at Arizona State Sep 30
- ASU hires Duke legend Hurley as head coach Apr 9