Bethune-Cookman beats Texas-Pan American 67-64Nov 28, 2009 - 11:04 PM SOUTH PADRE ISLAND, Texas(AP) -- C.J. Reed made 12 of 19 from the floor and scored 27 points to lead Bethune-Cookman to a close 67-64 win over Texas-Pan American in the consolation round of the South Padre Island Invitational on Saturday.
The Wildcats (3-3) dominated the Broncs (1-6) in the paint, 30-18, and scored 17 points off the bench. Bethune-Cookman's Alexander Starling and Stanley Elliott each scored nine.
Jared Maree had 18 for the Broncs, including sinking 12 of 14 free-throw tries. Teammate Ben Smith scored 15, including five 3-pointers.
- NCAA BB
TX PAN AMERICAN 64
BETHUNE COOKMAN 67 FINAL
Nov 28 5:00 PM
- Bethune-Cookman beats Trinity Baptist 108-54 in opener Nov 13
- Hipsher to take over at UT-Pan American Apr 4
- Norfolk State earns 1st NCAA tourney bid by besting Bethune-Cookman Mar 10
- MEAC title up for grabs in Winston-Salem Mar 10
- Texas-Pan American suspends five players Jan 21
- No. 6 Baylor stays perfect with win over Bethune-Cookman Dec 15
- No.6 Bears welcome Wildcats to Waco Dec 14
- Ohio State dominates Texas-Pan American Dec 3
- Broncs face tall task in bout with Buckeyes Dec 3
- Baylor makes quick work of Bethune-Cookman Dec 16
- South Dakota rallies past Texas-Pan American 76-71 Mar 12
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11