Liberty rallies over Tennessee State 63-60Nov 28, 2009 - 10:27 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Kyle Ohman scored 23 points and Evan Gordon hit two free throws in the closing seconds as Liberty beat Tennessee State 63-60 Saturday to earn fifth place in the Chicago Invitational Challenge.
Robert Covington, who led Tennessee State (1-5) with 18 points, converted a three-point play with 27 seconds left to get the Tigers within three. After Liberty's Jesse Sanders made a free throw, Tennessee State's Jeremiah Crutcher hit a 3-pointer to cut it to 61-60 with 8.8 seconds left.
Gordon then sank two free throws with seven seconds remaining before a last-second jumper by Tennessee State's Josh Sain went off the rim.
Liberty (3-5) outscored Tennessee State 27-10 at the free throw line. Ohman was 13 of 16.
Liberty trailed 50-42 with 7:29 left but rallied with a 17-2 run featuring five points from Ohman to take a 59-52 lead with two minutes to go.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 60 FINAL
Nov 28 5:00 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 26 HALFTIME
Nov 28 3:46 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Kemrite's 3-pointers help Liberty top Summit 90-49 Nov 14
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10