Janning leads Northeastern to 73-62 win over SMUDec 25, 2009 - 9:20 PM HONOLULU(AP) -- Matt Janning had 16 points, eight rebounds and six assists to lead Northeastern to a 73-62 win over SMU in the seventh-place game of the Diamond Head Classic on Friday.
The Huskies (3-7) got 15 points from Chaisson Allen and 14 from Nkem Ojougboh. Manny Adako added 10 points and six rebounds. The Mustangs (4-6) trailed throughout and fell behind by as many as 16 with 9:47 left in the second half.
Northeastern shot 57 percent from the field, going 5 of 12 on 3-point attempts. SMU was just 3 of 12 from behind the arc.
The Mustangs, who trailed 40-27 at halftime, cut it to 61-54 with 4:36 to play after Rodney Clinkscales' 3-pointer, but Adako scored the next six points for the Huskies to seal it.
- 'Oi Oi Oi!': SMU signs 2nd Australian for men's basketball May 2
- Last dance at SMU for Nic Moore won't be in NCAA Tournament Mar 5
- No longer perfect, NCAA-banned No. 13 SMU still AAC leader Jan 29
- SMU player caught up in sanctions plans to transfer Jan 15
- No. 10 SMU seeks 'crazy special' year without NCAA return Jan 12
- Hall of Fame coach Larry Brown back for No. 10 SMU Jan 11
- Larry Brown not on No. 15 SMU bench after halftime Jan 10
- Keith Frazier still away from No. 15 SMU for personal issues Jan 6
- SMU's Brown set for return after 9-game NCAA suspension Dec 21
- SMU opener marks start of Larry Brown's NCAA suspension Nov 12
- SMU AD backs decision to accept ban after players' statement Oct 14
- SMU will not appeal Larry Brown suspension or postseason ban Oct 9