Rutgers knocks off Caldwell 70-62Feb 10, 2010 - 3:07 AM PISCATAWAY, N.J.(AP) -- Mike Rosario scored 25 points to send Rutgers to a 70-62 victory over Division II Caldwell College on Tuesday night.
Dane Miller added 10 points for Rutgers (12-12), which struggled to put away its Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference foe until midway through the second half.
Malcolm Austin scored 29 and Peter Diffley added 13 points for Caldwell (3-19), which inched within 43-41 with 14 minutes remaining before Rutgers pulled away with a 14-3 run.
For the Scarlet Knights, who won for the third time in four games, it's the latest in a season they've been at .500 under fourth-year coach Fred Hill.
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics May 10
- Brandin Knight joins Rutgers basketball coaching staff Apr 18
- Rutgers confirms that Hobbs has joined Pikiell's staff Apr 14
- Jay Young hired as assistant basketball coach at Rutgers Apr 11
- Karl Hobbs leaves UConn to join Pikiell's staff at Rutgers Mar 31
- Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers basketball coach Mar 22
- AP source: Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers coach Mar 19
- Jordan fired as Rutgers basketball coach Mar 10
- Rutgers on verge of winless Big 10 Conference season Mar 3
- Rutgers suspends freshman Corey Sanders Feb 15
- Rutgers faces another tough season in Big Ten Conference Oct 27
- No. 10 Maryland holds on to beat Rutgers Mar 3