Chattanooga beats Eastern Kentucky 68-54Dec 31, 2009 - 4:14 AM CHATTANOOGA, Tenn.(AP) -- Ty Patterson scored 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, and Chattanooga beat Eastern Kentucky 68-54 on Wednesday night to win the Dr Pepper Classic.
Keegan Bell added 20 points and eight rebounds for the Mocs (8-6), who won their third game in a row.
The Mocs held a 46-32 rebounding edge and held the Colonels (8-4) to 31.7 percent shooting from the field (19 for 60).
Chattanooga held a 16-piont lead with less than 2 minutes remaining in the first half, but the Colonels rallied to take a 38-37 lead on a 3-pointer by Justin Stommes with 13:08 remaining in the game. The Mocs bounced back and led 51-48 with 7:10 to play and went on a 17-6 run to close out the game.
Stommes led the Colonels with 14 points and Justin Jones added 12. It was the third loss in the past four games for the Colonels.
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21
- Colonels face tall task in showdown with Jayhawks Mar 21