South Carolina State beats Coppin State 87-65Jan 19, 2010 - 12:51 AM ORANGEBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Jason Flagler scored 26 points to pace South Carolina State in an 87-65 win over Coppin State on Monday.
Flagler shot 11-for-13 from the field and added nine rebounds for the Bulldogs (8-7, 2-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). Darnell Porter contributed with 25 points and eight rebounds while shooting 6-for-7 from 3-point range.
Flagler hit back-to-back baskets to open the second half, giving the Bulldogs a 44-32 lead with 19:10 remaining.
A 3-pointer from Coppin State's Michael Harper cut the lead to 48-39 with 17:35 to play, but the Eagles would get no closer for the remainder of the contest. South Carolina State would go on to lead by as many as 24 points.
Sam Coleman finished with 12 points and seven rebounds to lead the Eagles (5-11, 0-4), who have now lost eight straight games. Vince Goldsberry added 12 points and seven assists.
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 63
S CAROLINA ST 87 FINAL
Jan 18 6:12 PM
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 32
S CAROLINA ST 40 HALFTIME
Jan 18 5:14 PM
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- No. 12 Missouri wallops South Carolina State Dec 18
- South Carolina State comes calling on Missouri Dec 17
- No. 1 Indiana rolls over Coppin State Dec 2