North Carolina A&T defeats Coppin State 67-62Jan 31, 2010 - 11:21 PM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Tavarus Alston scored 17 points and Robert Johnson added 16 to help North Carolina A&T defeat Coppin State 67-62 on Sunday.
The Aggies (7-14, 3-4 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who trailed 32-24 at halftime, shot 40.3 percent from the field (21 of 52).
Nic Simpson added 13 points for North Carolina A&T, which won for the second time in three games.
The Aggies outrebounded Coppin State 37-35, and Johnson, Thomas Coleman and James Porter had six boards each. They were just 6 of 25 from 3-point range (24 percent).
Branden Doughty scored 16 points for Coppin State (5-14, 0-7) and Michael Harper added 14.
The Eagles, who lost their 11th straight, shot 42.8 percent from the field (24 of 56), and made 33.3 percent of their 3-point shots (8 of 24).
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 62
NC A&T 67 FINAL
Jan 31 5:06 PM
- NCAA BB
COPPIN ST 32
NC A&T 24 HALFTIME
Jan 31 4:02 PM
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- Mitchell out at Coppin State after 28 years Mar 28
- Gonzaga cruises past Coppin State Dec 1
- No. 11 Gonzaga plays host to Coppin State Dec 1
- Irvin helps Michigan cruise past Coppin State Nov 29
- Wolverines set sights on Eagles Nov 29
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19