Harman sparks Central Michigan to 79-73 victoryFeb 21, 2010 - 2:55 AM MT. PLEASANT, Mich.(AP) -- Robbie Harman and Marko Spica each scored 17 points Saturday as Central Michigan defeated Tennessee State 79-73 in a nonconference BracketBusters series game.
Harman hit a 3-pointer with 4:01 left in the game to give the Chippewas (13-13) their first lead of the second half at 67-65. The shot sparked a 10-2 run for Central Michigan, with Harman accounting for eight of the points.
Jordan Bitzer added 16 points and Jalin Thomas 10 for the Chippewas.
Jeremiah Crutcher had 21 points, Wil Peters 19 and Robert Covington 12 for Tennessee State (8-21), which had its four-game winning streak snapped.
The Tigers shot 55.6 percent from the field in the first half and made 9 of 15 3-point attempts en route to a 44-38 lead at the break. That percentage dipped to 34.6 in the second half, when they were 0 for 5 from beyond the arc.
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 73
CENTRL MICHIGAN 79 FINAL
Feb 20 9:15 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE ST 44
CENTRL MICHIGAN 38 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:52 PM
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29