Presbyterian knocks off Jacksonville State 59-55Feb 21, 2010 - 3:26 AM JACKSONVILLE, Ala.(AP) -- Walt Allen and Jake Troyli each scored 14 points, and Presbyterian held off Jacksonville State 59-55 on Saturday night.
The Blue Hose (5-23) saw a 15-point lead shrink to 55-53 with 24 seconds remaining in the game, as Stephen Hall's jumper capped a 17-6 run for the Gamecocks (11-17). Troyli hit four free throws in the final seconds to preserve the win for the Blue Hose.
The win snapped a four-game losing streak for the Blue Hose, who entered the game having lost eight of their past nine games.
The Blue Hose shot 66.7 percent (14 of 21) in the first half and ended the game at 47.6 percent (20 of 42) from the field.
Nick Murphy scored 17 points, Hall added 12 and Jeremy Bynum had 11 for the Gamecocks, who dropped their fourth straight game and sixth out of their past seven.
Jacksonville made only 38 percent (19 of 50) of its field goal attempts.
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Okafor makes NCAA debut, Duke routs Presbyterian Nov 15
- Blue Devils take on Blue Hose is season debut Nov 14
- McDermott, No. 15 Creighton pummel Presbyterian Nov 18
- Blue Hose face uphill climb in clash with 15h-ranked Bluejays Nov 18
- No. 18 UNLV downs Jacksonville State Nov 18
- Rebels play host to Gamecocks in Global Sports Classic Nov 17
- Murray State keeps rolling with easy win over Jacksonville State Jan 13
- Racers continue historic run against Gamecocks Jan 12