Ricks' free throws give Missouri State 62-60 winFeb 20, 2010 - 11:26 PM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Nafis Ricks hit a pair of free throws with 3 seconds left Saturday, helping Missouri State overcome a 10-point second-half deficit and beat Nevada 62-60 in a nonconference BracketBusters series game.
The Bears (18-10) trailed 55-45 when Nevada's Armon Johnson scored on a dunk with 6:32 remaining. Missouri State tied the game at 57 with a 12-2 run that was capped by Will Creekmore's jump shot with 3:03 remaining. Creekmore had six points during the run.
Ricks scored the game-winner when he was fouled while rebounding a miss from teammate Adam Leonard as the Bears worked for the last shot.
Kyle Weems led Missouri State with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Creekmore and Leonard had 11 points each.
Luke Babbitt led Nevada (16-10) with 16 points and 12 rebounds. Johnson added 15 points.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18