Coll. of Charleston beats George Mason 85-83Feb 21, 2010 - 3:39 AM FAIRFAX, Va.(AP) -- Tony White, Jr. had 25 points to lead the College of Charleston to an 85-83 win over George Mason on Saturday night.
Jeremy Simmons added 18 points and 13 rebounds as the Cougars (19-9) won their third straight and sixth in seven games. The loss was the third straight and fifth in six games for the Patriots (16-12).
White had 18 of his points in the second half, when Charleston took advantage of poor free throw shooting by the Patriots, who at one point missed seven straight foul shots. They made just 14-of-25 from the foul line in the second half.
George Mason trimmed it to 83-81 on Luke Hancock's dunk with 9 seconds remaining and got the ball back when White coughed it up on the inbounds. But White drew an offensive foul on Ryan Pearson in a drive to the basket, hitting two free throws at the other end to seal it.
Johnny Williams had 18 points for George Mason.
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 85
GEORGE MASON 83 FINAL
Feb 20 10:11 PM
- NCAA BB
COLL OF CHARLTN 40
GEORGE MASON 43 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:52 PM
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- West Virginia routs College of Charleston Nov 30
- Cougars hit road to challenge 21st-ranked Mountaineers Nov 29
- No. 17 UConn fends off Charleston Nov 20
- Huskies take on Cougars in Puerto Rico Tip-Off Nov 20
- College of Charleston fires Wojcik Aug 5