Nebraska topples No. 22 MissouriMar 2, 2011 - 5:44 AM Nebraska continued its roller-coaster season by upending No. 22 Missouri, 69-58.
Jorge Brian Diaz scored 14 points, Toney McCray added 13 and Brandon Ubel notched 11 points and nine boards for the Cornhuskers (19-10, 7-8 Big 12), who had lost two straight since upsetting Texas at Devaney Center.
Marcus Denmon had 19 points in Missouri's second straight loss.
"This is what takes place when everyone doesn't show up to play. Especially on the road and not bringing the energy and not bringing the mindset that we're going to guard people," said Missouri head coach Mike Anderson, who was denied his 200th career win.
The Tigers (22-8, 8-7) ended their road slate at 2-7 and close out the regular season at home against No. 2 Kansas on Saturday.
A tight first half saw the hosts take a 27-25 lead into the intermission, and it was tied, 40-40, seven minutes into the second half before Nebraska pulled away with a 17-2 run.
Drake Beranek, Jeter and Ubel scored all of the Cornhuskers' points on the game-turning flurry. Ubel accounted for seven points, and Jeter's two free throws with 7 1/2 minutes left yielded a 57-42 lead that was never seriously threatened down the stretch.
"We still got some fight left in us. It's not over until it's over. We're going to play it out for as long as they'll let us and we'll see how it ends up," Beranek said.
This was the Cornhuskers' final Big 12 home game, as they are moving to the Big Ten next season...Both teams recorded 17 turnovers...Nebraska's last regular season game is at Colorado on Saturday...Michael Dixon added 11 points for the Tigers, who were held below 59 points for just the second time this season.
- MISSOURI: 58
Mar 1 10:02 PM
- MISSOURI: 25
Mar 1 8:51 PM
- MISSOURI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 1 8:04 PM
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19