Leuer leads Badgers past Iowa in OTFeb 10, 2011 - 4:39 AM Iowa City, IA (Sports Network) - Jon Leuer tallied 19 points with a game-high 15 rebounds as No. 13 Wisconsin survived a close one with Iowa, 62-59, at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
Jordan Taylor scored 16 points -- including a key free throw in the final seconds of overtime -- with eight assists and Keaton Nankivil added 10 points for the Badgers (18-5, 8-3 Big Ten), who have won six of their last seven.
Bryce Cartwright totaled 14 points for the Hawkeyes (10-14, 3-9), whose two- game win streak was halted. Melsahn Basabe picked up 13 points and 11 boards with Jarryd Cole pouring in 10 points with 12 rebounds in a losing cause.
Tim Jarmusz hit a trey to give Wisconsin a 59-57 edge with 1:34 to go in overtime, the Leuer and Cartwright exchanged quick buckets.
Taylor missed a jumper but was fouled inside of 10 seconds remaining, then hit his first while missing the second foul shot. The ball found its way into Cartwright's hands, but he missed from long distance as time expired.
Iowa led by as many as seven in the first half and took a 23-18 edge to the break.
The Badgers led 36-35 on a Leuer jumper with 12:17 left in regulation, then went up by as much as 41-37 on a Leuer trey less than two minutes later.
The Hawkeyes used a 12-2 burst to go up 49-43 with 7:15 to play on two from the line by Cartwright, but Taylor's jumper knotted the score at 53-53 with 29 ticks left.
Iowa leads the all-time series 77-76, but Wisconsin has won 13 of the last 15 meetings since 2003...The Badgers shot just 8-of-29 from beyond the arc and 35.3 percent from the floor but still won with 42 rebounds and just eight turnovers.
- WISCONSIN: 62
Final - OT
Feb 9 10:32 PM
- WISCONSIN: 53
End of Regulation
Feb 9 10:19 PM
- WISCONSIN: 18
Feb 9 9:17 PM
- WISCONSIN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 9 8:37 PM
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22