UNLV dominates TCUJan 19, 2012 - 7:04 AM Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Anthony Marshall scored a career-high 27 and handed out nine assists, leading No. 14 UNLV to a 101-78 throttling of TCU on Wednesday.
Chace Stanback added 21 points while Mike Moser had 16 and 15 rebounds for the Runnin' Rebels (17-3, 1-1 MWC), who bounced back from Saturday's last- second loss to San Diego State in their Mountain West opener.
Kyan Anderson had 20 points and six boards for the Horned Frogs (10-7, 0-2). They were also coming off a tough conference-opening loss, falling to Colorado State in double overtime on Saturday. Adrick McKinney added 16 points and five rebounds.
From the jump the Runnin' Rebels appeared determined to erase any memory of Saturday's excruciating loss, which saw Jamaal Franklin hit the game-winner for San Diego State with 0.3 seconds left.
They jumped out to a 19-1 lead on the Horned Frogs behind six points from both Stanback and Oscar Bellfield. The advantage was 25-8 after 6 1/2 minutes and 54-39 at the break.
Moser led the first-half charge, scoring eight points and grabbing seven boards, as the Runnin Rebels hit 9-of-15 threes to grab a decisive lead.
"We just felt like we let a great opportunity slip away in San Diego. We just didn't get it done and we looked at it like another opportunity tonight and our intensity was terrific to start the game," said UNLV coach Lon Kruger.
They were not tested in the second half. Moser's runout dunk stretched the margin to 20 with 15 minutes remaining, and UNLV cruised from there, leading by as many as 27 down the stretch.
The Runnin' Rebels have won eight of their last nine. They are 10-0 at the Thomas & Mack Center this season...UNLV is 17-3 for the first time since 1992-93...UNLV has won six straight over TCU and leads the all-time series 17-2.
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 78
Jan 19 12:29 AM
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 39
Jan 18 11:22 PM
- TEXAS CHRISTIAN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 18 10:33 PM
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5