Chattanooga's Patterson released from hospitalMar 8, 2010 - 1:43 AM CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Chattanooga basketball player Ty Patterson was released from Carolinas Medical Center on Sunday after what a school official termed a "sudden cardiac event" during a game on Saturday night.
Patterson, a 6-foot-6 senior from Anderson, S.C., collapsed with 11:14 remaining in Chattanooga's 96-69 loss to College of Charleston in the Southern Conference Tournament quarterfinals. He was carried out on a stretcher and received oxygen.
Patterson will be treated further when he returns to Chattanooga. He was well enough to attend the Chattanooga women's win over Georgia Southern on Sunday afternoon.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Chattanooga selects McCall as new men's hoops coach Apr 12
- Wade leaves Chattanooga to return to VCU Apr 7
- No. 3 Wisconsin trounces Chattanooga Nov 16
- No. 3 Wisconsin entertains Chattanooga Nov 16
- Chattanooga extends Foster through 2018-19 Jun 5
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Jayhawks use second-half surge to down Mocs Nov 16
- Mocs face tall task in clash with seventh-ranked Jayhawks Nov 15