Wright's 31 points lead No. 14 VirginiaNov 15, 2009 - 10:48 PM CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.(AP) -- Monica Wright made her final 10 shots from the field and scored 25 of her game-high 31 points in the second half to lift No. 14 Virginia past Manhattan 86-68 on Sunday.
The Cavaliers (2-0) forced 15 turnovers and held Manhattan scoreless for almost 6 minutes in taking a 40-23 halftime lead.
Virginia outscored the Jaspers (1-1) 30-13 over the final 14:11 of the first half.
Wright, who attempted four shots in the first half, finished 12 of 14 from the field. The senior added five steals and four assists.
Simone Egwu, one of five freshmen to play for the Cavaliers, had 13 points and nine rebounds.
Alyssa Herrington had 32 points for Manhattan, which shot 55.2 percent from the field in the second half. Michelle Pacheco added 15 points and Abby Wentworth had 11 for the Jaspers.
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 11 Louisville women pull away from Virginia 74-59 Feb 18
- Thomas leads No. 15 Florida State women past Virginia 70-48 Jan 21
- No. 23 Louisville women beat Virginia 59-41 Jan 14
- Turner leads No. 3 Notre Dame women past Virginia, 74-46 Jan 7
- Virginia women defeat No. 22 Miami 76-56 Jan 3
- No. 9 Ohio State women beat Virginia 93-73 Dec 21
- Virginia upsets No. 6 Maryland Jan 23
- No. 2 Notre Dame holds off Virginia Jan 12
- Thomas leads Maryland in a rout of Virginia Feb 17
- Duke dominates Virginia in second half Feb 8
- Maryland eases past Virginia in ACC opener Dec 6